Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Chicken
1 Whole Chicken
1/2 stick of room temperature butter or 4 tbls of Ghee
5 Cloves of Garlic, grated
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup of chicken broth
1 Bag of 2 bite potatoes, or small red potatoes
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine your butter, garlic and honey. It’s also important to grate the garlic into the butter.
- Pat your chicken dry with a paper towel. Slide your finger underneath the skin of the chicken on the breast side, separating the skin from the bird, but leaving it attached.
- Get a 9×12 glass baking dish and fill with potatoes and chicken broth.
- Salt and Pepper all sides of the chicken by massaging spices into the chicken, while on cutting board.
- Massage the honey, garlic butter mixture all over the bird and under the skin, I used my hands for this; it got very messy.
- Roast uncovered for 15-20 minutes per pound, once it has met your desired crispness cover with foil and finish cooking.
- When juices run clear bird is done, take out and let sit for 15 minutes and enjoy. I promise these will be the longest 15 minutes of your life and OH the potatoes are also TO DIE FOR!
I love tooting my own horn once in a while and this is the best chicken I have ever had, IN MY LIFE! Also this is my first time ever roasting a chicken.